|Health and Beauty Tips You Need to Know
Listed below are some home-remedy health and beauty tips:
1. To heal dry skin, a rash, or eczema - wash in your breakfast. Although oatmeal is a century old skin smoother, researchers recently documented the avenanthramides in oats as the key compound that smoothes inflamed, itchy skin. Put whole oats in a clean, dry sock, seal the opened end with a rubber band, and drop the sock into a warm hot bath and soak in it for 20 minutes.
2. Relieve Puffy, Tired Eyes - Black tea is full of astringent compounds called tannins that can help deflate and tighten the bags under your eyes. Activate the tannins in the tea bag by dipping it in a cup of hot water for several minutes, cool it in the fridge, then apply the damp bag as a compress to closed eyes for 10 minutes. 3. To whiten stained teeth - crush a few fresh strawberries into a scrubbing pulp that you mix with a pinch of stain removing baking soda and enough water to make a paste. Apply the mixture to a soft bristled toothbrush, polish for a few minutes every 3 months. More often will erode tooth enamel. The astringent malic acid in strawberries helps buff coffee and red wine stains from the teeth.
1. Sweeten your bad breath - gargle with a small cup of acidic lemon juice to kill odor causing bacteria, then eat a cup of plain, unsweetened yogurt that contains the beneficial lactobacillus bacteria. These so-called probotics compete with and replace the reeking bacteria in your mouth. The lemon/yogurt combo instantly neutralizes odor and lasts 12-24 hours.
2. Prevent Headaches - try using magnesium (200-400 mg) to reduce the muscle tension and spasms that cause your head to throb. Not any type will do. The supplement must contain at least 200 mg. of active elemental magnesium because magnesium is more preventive then curative. The treatment works best on premenstrual headaches because you can predict when they're coming and take a dose a day in advance. If you have kidney problems, consult a healthcare professional before taking magnesium.
3. Relieve menstrual cramps - take ? to 1 teaspoon of crampbark pincture every two hours on the days of your worst cramps. Recent studies show that this North American plant works as a muscle relaxant to quickly relieve painful spasms.
In conclusion, your body can throw you for a loop any time and overextending may require quick health and beauty fresh-ups. It's great to have home remedies available to tend to your every day aches and pains and provide quick pick-me-uppers. We've listed all natural, expert recommended, ways to treat ailments, provide cosmetic enhancers quickly, safely, and effectively at home. Clear some space in your bathroom cabinet, refrigerator, and kitchen for these surprisingly effective and inexpensive remedies.